Saturday, August 10, 2013

Button Down Shirt into A Tank Top

After my last DIY or DI-Don't I was looking for more things to cut up. And I found this old button up top that is way too small for me now (I'm not sure why I haven't seen it for a while, it was just lost in my closet.) 
What better thing to do with an old shirt than cut it up, take pictures, and blog about it RIGHT?!
So, lets get into the actual DIY. Here is the shirt before I did anything to it.
I gathered some scissors and I already had a plan for how I wanted the shirt to come out.
I had seen a picture online of this REALLY cute idea!
(I also pinned this on my Pinterest...)
I am in LOVE with the website I found, she created this idea ^!
(Cute name!)
Anyways, I just went right on into cutting. I first cut off both sleeves..
Here it is with one sleeve cut off, (I used the same method as the Denim Vest, but instead of leaving the sleeves cut like that, I cut off a little more. I was making a tank top..) I used a washable marker to draw were I wanted to cut the sleeves and neck first. (I also traced a crop top for where I wanted to cut the sleeves and for the width of them. I used one that had a good look, a look I wanted my top to have.)

 Another picture, but with both sleeves cut off.

Next, I cut off the collar. It was easiest to just cut the collar and then cut the neck wider.. I wasn't quite such how big I wanted it..
(Yes I kind of went ahead and cut the neck.. I forgot to take pictures.. So, I just pieced it together and snapped a picture..)
Then, I cut the neck hole bigger, I made sure to leave as little space from the first button as possible. (I didn't want a lot of extra fabric above it flapping around.)
 There is the finished piece. It looks a LOT better! (Not to mention, I can wear it now!)
I might do more of these "clothing upcycles".. I'm not sure.. They are really fun to do.. Hmm.. something to think about. If I get an idea for a clothing redo I'll post about it! Oh, and I am in the process of making a new DIY or DI-Don't.. Sorry it's been a couple days.

Talk to you soon!,




No comments:

Post a Comment