Wednesday, January 2, 2013

I'm Back!

Hey,

  So, I haven't been on in a long, long, long, long, long while! Yes, its past Halloween! Yes, its even past Thanksgiving! I will eventually get my Halloween night pictures on here and maybe some Fall decorations (from Thanksgiving)... Something I really did want to talk about was the DIY Network! I LOVE watching it! Because right now I am really into redecorating, I guess you could call it... :P I really want to redo my bathroom...


                                                                     My Plan

  1. Take out old mirror.

  2. Paint the bathroom

  3. Put in the backsplash, while leaving room above it, and the mirror to show a little of the wall...(This is the type of backsplash I want (the first picture, with the pink cabinents) Click--> Here!!

  4. Put in a new one with a frame and move it up

  5. I am either going to put mirrors in the middle of the cabinet drawers or I am going to paint them.

  6. Put pictures, a new light fixture above the mirror, new towels to hang/go in, and a new rug.


        I am VERY open to new ideas and would love to hear the comments you have about my bathroom, what I could do, what you have done, where I can get really cool, unique, rare, or maybe cheap but cute tiles, pictures, towels, or rugs! Comments on other things about the post, or any of my other  past posts!!!Please DO comment!!

        Another thing I now feel the need to do, and the thing my mom has kept on telling my I need to do, is get pictures for my room... Its pretty much full, I have my bed, closet, a desk and chair, a nightstand, and a cabinet/dresser/shelves type of thing (its from Ikea, but I'm not sure what to call it...). As for the top of my walls....bare. I am in disperate need of hanging something. I have painted on two canvases and I thought they would look good above my bed (I also have another canvas I got over the summer and I was planning to finish it and hang it along with the rest, like a group). But, I also have an old window that was in my old room, my mom had painted the glass panes (if you are wondering it was a picture of a topiary, my name, and a cone shaped bush) But, we took it down when I moved up stairs so we scraped out the painted picture and painted the acutal frame black. Now, my mom wants me to take photos (because I am into photography and she thinks I take good photos),turn them black and white, and put them in the window panes. I thought for a long time that my walls looked okay and I didn't need any photos but, now I am changing my mind. I really like how pictures add flare... I also want to buy little lights to hand from the ceiling above my cabinet/shelves thing or my desk...

        I REALLY like the idea of DIY,Do-It-Yourself, decorations for your bed or bathroom. Espicially because I don't want to spend a lot of money...(Its not like a TOTAL bath/bedroom remodel...). With that said, once again :), please leave comments and tell me cool DIY projects you've maybe heard of, done, seen someone else you know do, or a good idea for a DIY...


        An absolute GREAT place to find DIY, craft, decorating, wish-listing, and more ideas is Pintrest! I love how they have pictures that you can click on to find cool posts because, how else are you going to find something you otherwise wouldn't have? I don't know about you but, its not all that inviting to go to a website for ideas and to only see words...I NEED to see what the thing looks like... :P Thats why Pintrest is so great for me! You type in Pintrest, BOOM! It comes up! Then, you type in what you  want to look up, for example: DIY Christmas Decorations, BOOM! All these AWESOME pictures come up! Next, you scroll down to find a cool looking one, BOOM! You find one because, you can SEE the pictures...I'm just saying...

    (By the way, I love ALL sites with good ideas. It's just harder to find the ideas with no REAL WAY to know what they are, what they look like, or if they fit your taste (if you are looking up decorations)...




                                                      That concludes my post, talk to you later!

                                                                                                                                   ~Zoe

 http://www.wallpaperdirector.com/wallpaperdirector/sample/149736/santa-claus.gif


                           MerrChristmas!!!
                        and a happy New Year!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment